OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I leave, tank ready... happy Damsel. I did get a good test a few days ago 3ppm nitrate. Finally memorized the steps to the nitrate test! When do you guys think I could add another a fish I thought it might be a week or so after vacation any thoughts? EDIT: I have had fish in it for 2weeks 5 days vacation will be about 2weeks long

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with a new fish, though I’m not sure if the damsel will agree.
I’d recommend quarantining all new fish to be on the safe side.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet the damsel will question the new fish. I am unable to quarantine fish as I have no tank to quarantine in. Do you think it will be ok with no quarantine?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people don’t quarantine and are okay. Despite what may be said, it’s a matter of blind luck, all it takes is one sick fish. Best way to increase your chances of success is buying from reputable vendors like dr. Reef or TSM which quarantines their fish. Avoid liveaquaria and petco at all costs.
Qt is as simple as a 10 gallon tank with some pvc pipes, a hob filter, and a heater. You won’t regret it if you do. I didn’t quarantine my first batch of fish and lost them all, so I will always advocate for qt.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking I would get it from my LFS no chance ever in a million years would I buy from Petco. My Petco is complete garbage and they treat there saltwater section like garbage.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so no liveaquaria I did check out dr reef and they seem great willing to pay more for pre-quarantine. (this may be last post before I leave) At about 3:00 my neighbor came over and I walked him through how to take care of the tank.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Later today I will be running some testes to make sure of stable parameters ,once I can get good parameters do you think I could add 2 clownfish that are approximately half an inch long. I saw these fish at my LFS before vacation and if they still have them I would like to take them home.
Tank Specks: 2ft long 16in wide and tall
The clowns are Gold-Stripe Maroon & some variant of Storm or something similar

Last edited:
OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! I need to come up with names for my clowns! I will be getting a Male Storm(or at least something similar looking) Female Gold Stripe Maroon. Names needed!

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided this weekend i will not get clowns and instead a cuc. Once all the algae is gone I will get the clowns. I did come up with names though for the clowns Jimbo and Queen.

OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about every tank will have a cuc. There will always be algae and detritus for the cuc to eat.
@Sharkbait19 I have gave in to the algae and this weekend I will be purchasing a cuc to get rid of my algae. I know i will have snails and a fire shrimp but any suggestions?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back