Classroom tank 14g Biocube

@goody how’s the tank coming along?
This is the first year the tank has not done great. Battling hair algae and ulva. Had my Caulerpa Racemosa go sexual which I think led to losses of the anemones and montiporas. I've been trying to pull out the hair algae and added a couple of turbos. Debating on adding an urchin, but school is out in a little over two months and I'll be tearing it back down. All fish still alive and discovered my pistol shrimp was still alive and has recently paired up with my watchman goby. Students still enjoy looking at it despite the algae issues. Will try and get an updated "ugly" photo.
 
New school year, so time to bring the love for the hobby to a new group of students. Last year's tank had several issues including the custodian feeding the fish too much. Dealt with algae issues all year, but it was still a great learning experience for the kids.

I decided to bring my fluval 13.5g this year and give the rocks in the biocube time to get cleaned up. This tank was my macroalgae tank in my garage so the sand and some of the rocks were all ready to go. Brought in a small rbta, a couple pieces of macros, orange ricordia, a torch and a leather. I was awarded a $50 pets in the classroom grant that I plan to use on a fish or two.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250828_152318060.jpg
    PXL_20250828_152318060.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 39

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new