Clean up crew, how many per gallon?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeeeeez, I can’t begin to imagine a 225 gallon tank in my home. Surely it’s on the first floor! Sounds awesome to look at though!

Do they only recommend so many because they’re trying to make money?
LOL, it is on the first floor, over a basement.:rolleyes: I supported the underside with compression jacks.

They do sell to make money unfortunately, most of the time.

iamahab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon tank w/ 2 baby clowns, 3 small hermit crabs and 1 emerald crab. Would that means I would only need 3 snails or 9 snails total? I just noticed you said of each.
I have a waterbox mini 15, I have two turbos, 3 small hermits 1 large one, 1 astrea snail, 1 emerald crab,1 margarita snail, 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 asterina starfish. Two clowns. I'm beginning to think i'm overstocked?

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox mini 15, I have two turbos, 3 small hermits 1 large one, 1 astrea snail, 1 emerald crab,1 margarita snail, 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 asterina starfish. Two clowns. I'm beginning to think i'm overstocked?
I wouldn't think so. For the most part (someone correct me if I'm wrong), ocerstocking issues usually relates to swimming space. If there isnt enough algae or other detritus for your CUC to eat then I'd consider it overstocked unless you make sure to feed them. But the 2 clowns are ok. I had a 16 gal. Biocube with 2 clowns and a similar CUC with no issues.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back