Clean Up Crew Orders - Arizona Heat

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I usually order my CUCs online, but am always so worried about shipping in this heat. Even when using overnight shipping it still stresses me out. :)

I'm in Scottsdale and usually frequent Kona Reef or Aquarium arts... Where have you found is a good place to buy CUCs locally - specifically snails?

Thanks all!

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've put in special requests to AZ Reef Monsters and they've brought back some huge trochus and mexican turbo snails for me. I've gotten my nassarius, cerith, and astrea snails from Artistic Aquariums, and gotten my conches from Kona Chandler

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with CUC from Kona Chandler and Artistic Aquariums but I've also bought from Reef Cleaners last August and they came through fine.

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with CUC from Kona Chandler and Artistic Aquariums but I've also bought from Reef Cleaners last August and they came through fine.

I assume you did overnight UPS with Reef Cleaners? I reached out to them and they said overnight with these temps is doable. I may end up going that direction - I need a pretty hefty supply of sandbed snails and the locals near me only have 10 here and 10 there.

Thanks everyone!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you did overnight UPS with Reef Cleaners? I reached out to them and they said overnight with these temps is doable. I may end up going that direction - I need a pretty hefty supply of sandbed snails and the locals near me only have 10 here and 10 there.

Thanks everyone!
I actually used USPS and RAN to the postal box when it arrived. The Drawf Trochus and Ceriths came through fine. The Drawf Nassarius where non-existent, just shells but their was a tiny, happy looking hermit in one of the otherwise empty shells. I would have preferred UPS but I just didn't have a big enough order to use it.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually used USPS and RAN to the postal box when it arrived. The Drawf Trochus and Ceriths came through fine. The Drawf Nassarius where non-existent, just shells but their was a tiny, happy looking hermit in one of the otherwise empty shells. I would have preferred UPS but I just didn't have a big enough order to use it.
I'm an idiot. Don't listen to anything I wrote. It was October before I ordered from Reef Cleaners. Sorry.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at Reef Monsters earlier today and they had plenty snails (different varieties and I don’t recall all of them). Also hermits and other CUC critters. I picked up some bumble bee snails and a Halloween hermit. The also had the biggest Berghi Nudis I’ve ever seen. JP

FreeTuneUpp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My house is in semi-desert near Phoenix, AZ, but in an HOA community (plaenty of population). I keep all me bathrooms perfectly clean; however, yesteday in the lower GUEST bathroom which is almost never used I saw a two inch line of brown "stuff" (NOT manure!!!) about 1/16th inch wide. When I tried to clean it up it fell into mini-granules. I got it perfectly cleaned.

Today it was there again only not as long (see photo). I unscrewed the plactic nut cover on the right side of toilet and the metal washer under it left a tiny part exposed from the base of the toilet where there is a rectangular opening about 1'4" by 3'4". Inside below was a mass of the same brown growth.

WHAT IS IT? Could it be termites? If I call aTermite company they will for sure say "YES" so they can charge me.

When I doe a Google search the nearest ID that comes up is HASH!!!

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• INSECTS ENLARGED_CORPPED.jpg
    INSECTS ENLARGED_CORPPED.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 34

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back