clean up crew

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all trying to establish a strong CUC for my 30 gallon tank. Currently I have 2 nassarius snails and 2 hermit crabs. I was considering one shrimp but don’t know which one. Was also considering other CUC but I do want a seahorse in the future so I just consider such additions!
thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey y’all trying to establish a strong CUC for my 30 gallon tank. Currently I have 2 nassarius snails and 2 hermit crabs. I was considering one shrimp but don’t know which one. Was also considering other CUC but I do want a seahorse in the future so I just consider such additions!
thank you
For that size tank, add 3 of each of these snails:
Astrea
Turbo
Trochus
Cerith

6-8 carribean blue leg hermits

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that size tank, add 3 of each of these snails:
Astrea
Turbo
Trochus
Cerith

6-8 carribean blue leg hermits
This, but I would also add a halloween hermit. They aren't amazing cleaners, but mine are pretty chill with the other inverts and they are gorgeous and very neat to watch.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do I have to wory about feeding all these snails or they will find nutrients on there own!
Thank you
They will find something to eat. If there is a deficiency for food, you can drop algae tabs for them

1664027408663.png

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This, but I would also add a halloween hermit. They aren't amazing cleaners, but mine are pretty chill with the other inverts and they are gorgeous and very neat to watch.
Is there certain shrimp recommendations? I was going to get a peppermint shrimp to start

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best shrimp to me is a cleaner shrimp. It's the best utility shrimp there is. Unlike other shrimp that hide most of the time.My cleaner is usually out trying to entice my fish to come close enough so he can clean them. I have a fire shrimp that just hides. Same with my peppermints. My tiger shrimp just makes a mess digging everywhere.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best shrimp to me is a cleaner shrimp. It's the best utility shrimp there is. Unlike other shrimp that hide most of the time.My cleaner is usually out trying to entice my fish to come close enough so he can clean them. I have a fire shrimp that just hides. Same with my peppermints. My tiger shrimp just makes a mess digging everywhere.
Skunk cleaner gets my vote too.
Super confident -- always out and about and will eat out of your hand = entertainment for friends/family/guests.

Only cons would be:
- more expensive than peppermint (like $30-$35)
- if you target feed anything (like special needs inverts), cleaner shrimp will likely just steal it

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was considering a cleaner shrimp they are just more expensive so I expect to wait 2-3 months because I heard they aren’t as hardy?
also are these compatible with seahorses or coral?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back