Cleaned, no more orange juice water

Currently a noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned it completely out and it looks better now. Now that that's done I can now figure out how to treat them back to healthy.

Attachments

• VID_20200923_155434428.mp4
    60.5 MB
OP
OP
Currently a noob

Currently a noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh dang I just realized this community isn't for fresh water is it? I just had to find a community that could help

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like dropsy... its a sign of kidney failure, and causes goldfish to look bloated. I'm glad you were able to clean out the tank, but may have come too late if that's what it is...

OP
OP
Currently a noob

Currently a noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like dropsy... its a sign of kidney failure, and causes goldfish to look bloated. I'm glad you were able to clean out the tank, but may have come too late if that's what it is...
Oh no, I hope not

OP
OP
Currently a noob

Currently a noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked up how to treat dropsy and do you think it would be worth buying the antibiotics?

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it is not dropsy, becuase it is seldom survivable at late stages. Dropsy is a kind of bacterial infection that affects internal organ like liver and kidney, though these bacterias exist in many aquariums it seldom become an issue unless the fish's immune system is compromised. Ammonia/nitrite spike and poor water condition are some of the common culprit.

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to make sure the fish live and the antibiotics might also help with the common goldfish's cuts
Honestly, I don't have high hopes for these poor guys. It also looks like the upright-one has ammonia burns on top of it. You can try treating with antibiotics, but if they're already this bloated and edematous, it seems pretty far in its progression.

OP
OP
Currently a noob

Currently a noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it is not dropsy, becuase it is seldom survivable at late stages. Dropsy is a kind of bacterial infection that affects internal organ like liver and kidney, though these bacterias exist in many aquariums it seldom become an issue unless the fish's immune system is compromised. Ammonia/nitrite spike and poor water condition are some of the common culprit.
I am in between swim bladder disease, and dropsy.

OP
OP
Currently a noob

Currently a noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think I should try this out?

1600901214462409184311946230780.jpg

OP
OP
Currently a noob

Currently a noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok for sure
I haven't been able to feed them because the one that is upside down can't eat she keeps flipping and the big will eat but I'm not sure what to do with that one, it's been 5 days since the one upside-down ate and I have no idea how to help her

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been able to feed them because the one that is upside down can't eat she keeps flipping and the big will eat but I'm not sure what to do with that one, it's been 5 days since the one upside-down ate and I have no idea how to help her
I think it may be too late for her if she's not able to eat. I know its a hard choice to make, but have you considered clove oil euthanasia? There's many guides for how to ethically bring an end to her suffering. Since the larger one is still able to move/eat, he may yet pull through, but it does look like he is on a similar path :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back