Cleaner Shrimp eating coral

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a cleaner ship for about 4 months now. Has been great and noticed fish dont let the shrimp do its rhing but other then that everything has been normal.

Brought a new coral today and it began nipping at it. I didnt think much as he has cleaned up corals in the past especially brand new ones. But this time it stayed ontop longer than usual and I could see small polyps being removed from a frogspawn branched coral. I immediately moved it to the front of the tank where there is higher flow and he usually avoids the front.

anyone had this happen before? Am I not feeding him enough? I only feed frozen mysis and notcied he struggles to get but I figured it would pick up anything leftover on the ground. Should I be dropping in dry food? Might have to get rid of him if this continues

TuxUrchin07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a cleaner ship for about 4 months now. Has been great and noticed fish dont let the shrimp do its rhing but other then that everything has been normal.

Brought a new coral today and it began nipping at it. I didnt think much as he has cleaned up corals in the past especially brand new ones. But this time it stayed ontop longer than usual and I could see small polyps being removed from a frogspawn branched coral. I immediately moved it to the front of the tank where there is higher flow and he usually avoids the front.

anyone had this happen before? Am I not feeding him enough? I only feed frozen mysis and notcied he struggles to get but I figured it would pick up anything leftover on the ground. Should I be dropping in dry food? Might have to get rid of him if this continues
Might have been stressed and the cleaner shrimp cleaning it with the sharp legs might have made them come off. It's almost definitely not eating the hammer tho

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Shrimp will pick off slime and food off of coral. Unless you are missing flesh/tissue after , it is likely picking

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back