cleaner shrimp vs bubble tip

my bta is still alive.. it's in a quarantine tank along with the rest of my fish, minus the goby I couldn't catch. the parasite is known as cirolanid isopods.. they are nasty bugs that feed on fish. its a very rare problem that I have unfortunately had the opportunity to deal with. I'm starving them out and also catching as many as I can in a 2-liter bottle trap. nothing I can do but wait it out. I did however try what you said before I had taken out the livestock and fed the shrimp.. he left the nem alone but wouldnt clean the fish! i almost took him out and made him into a shrimp tempura.. lol
 
Hope your tank is working out well. I added an anemone to my tank at about 4 months and everything is fine just religiously checked my levels to make sure no spikes happened. My shrimp does the same thing to my rbta, I swear the shrimp does nothing but make me mad, some days I wish my anemone would eat it haha. I feed my clowns brine shrimp that my shrimp also will start eating, while that’s happening I feed my nem. The shrimp floating around usually distracts the shrimp long enough for the anemone to eat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new