OP
chapagetti

chapagetti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my bta is still alive.. it's in a quarantine tank along with the rest of my fish, minus the goby I couldn't catch. the parasite is known as cirolanid isopods.. they are nasty bugs that feed on fish. its a very rare problem that I have unfortunately had the opportunity to deal with. I'm starving them out and also catching as many as I can in a 2-liter bottle trap. nothing I can do but wait it out. I did however try what you said before I had taken out the livestock and fed the shrimp.. he left the nem alone but wouldnt clean the fish! i almost took him out and made him into a shrimp tempura.. lol

jcabral125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your tank is working out well. I added an anemone to my tank at about 4 months and everything is fine just religiously checked my levels to make sure no spikes happened. My shrimp does the same thing to my rbta, I swear the shrimp does nothing but make me mad, some days I wish my anemone would eat it haha. I feed my clowns brine shrimp that my shrimp also will start eating, while that’s happening I feed my nem. The shrimp floating around usually distracts the shrimp long enough for the anemone to eat.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back