OP
OP
kdx7214

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but im serious, is this thank has overflow build in? i mean if not doesn't Petco sells those for $1/gallon tanks? also are those spots really noticeably when you fill it with water?

No overflow, just a 30 long. Alas right now the closest thing Petco sells is $79.

The spots are definitely noticeable with water in the tank. I'm thinking they're permanent. I might just repurpose the tank for mysis breeding or something that isn't a DT. I was going to use it for a FOWLR, but this might be better.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kdx7214 besides being a bit more patient. Did you use all of those chemicals at the same time? I’m not a chemist but maybe they interact And cancel each other out.

Personally, I’m a huge fan of citric acid. Leave if for a few days and things just float off. If that doesn’t do it, then I‘d start to think the glass is etched somehow.

OP
OP
kdx7214

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kdx7214 besides being a bit more patient. Did you use all of those chemicals at the same time? I’m not a chemist but maybe they interact And cancel each other out.

Personally, I’m a huge fan of citric acid. Leave if for a few days and things just float off. If that doesn’t do it, then I‘d start to think the glass is etched somehow.

Yes and no. I tried each of them individually at full strength but I also tried filling the tank most of the way with water and dumping everything at once (except Barkeeper's Friend). The pH meter I have showed a general pH of 1.2 with the tank full, which is more than enough to deal with calcium buildup.

At this point I'm just going to stop trying and plan to use it for a mysis shrimp breeding tank or something. Maybe get a 30 long later this year and use it since I have this nice stand and lighting setup.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back