Cleaning clam shell

madkeenreefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Location
Quebec City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10" clam which I would like to remove some vermetid worms from his shell, how should I go about this.
Can I remove it from the water for a short period or do I need to fill a container to keep the clam submersed.

Thanks
 
I used to pull mine out to clean it without issue. They will spit water out when you remove them so watch your electric equipment and your face. I would use bone cutters and just clip the tubes off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new