Cleaning schedule for MP60

  • Thread starter Thread starter lavoisier
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
1,364
Reaction score
7,379
Location
Overland Park, KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you recommend for a maintenance cleaning schedule for the wetside? Maybe what would an optimal schedule be and what would a minimum schedule look like?
 
Hi,

Sorry I just caught this.

There really is no standard. Some gather coralline, algae, or other gunk faster than others. This sound weird but basically clean it when it needs it.

I would say in general when doing a water change if monthly, inspect the cage for growth or blockage. It may just need a quick brush, or pulled and coraline scraped. Maybe every other month pull it to check for growth or damage to the impeller.

I am a bad example but I maybe clean my wet side 2 times a year. So if you miss cleaning it one week don’t worry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new