Cleaning second hand equipment and decor

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
535
Reaction score
494
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the current course of action when setting up a used system.

Do you discard the sand and replace it?

How about the live rock, do you quarantine or treat it?

Fake decor...........Do you bleach it?

I've seen all of these things done in as many ways as there is to keep a great tank thriving, so how do you do it? Or do you even risk it at all?

I'd say the one thing I never "give it a go" would be the tank itself. I personally just don't trust it, but maybe that's a me problem lol.
 
Do you discard the sand and replace it? Discard and get new.
​

How about the live rock, do you quarantine or treat it? You could quarantine it for a few month to see if there is any pests if it's wet live rock. If dry I would always bleach it

Fake decor...........Do you bleach it? No fake decor here, but if you use it I would bleach it first.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new