Cleaning tank Interior

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I belive so.
When you do the leak tests, test the tap water in a clean container for no3 and Po4.
Then test the leak test tank water for no3 and Po4.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I belive so.
When you do the leak tests, test the tap water in a clean container for no3 and Po4.
Then test the leak test tank water for no3 and Po4.

Darn it i guess i didnt leak test it because if i had it would look different. I cant believe it. :/

I think youre refering to dosing powder residue correct? I'd dose phosphate in my tank? Im getting an RODI unit installed asap. I have one.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn it i guess i didnt leak test it because if i had it would look different. I cant believe it. :/

I think youre refering to dosing powder residue correct? I'd dose phosphate in my tank? Im getting an RODI unit installed asap. I have one.
I'm a bit confused is the tank running ?

And yes , looking for N/p (fertilizer)

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Not running. I wanted to clarity nothing but RO water will be going in.
Ah got it.
Yes on the salt or fresh fill, rodi, but if you leak test tap is fine.
Thuan the comparison , if the tap shows no n/p and the leak test does show some , the silicon or plastic absorbed some or some residue was missed.

Make sense?

OP
OP
U

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah got it.
Yes on the salt or fresh fill, rodi, but if you leak test tap is fine.
Thuan the comparison , if the tap shows no n/p and the leak test does show some , the silicon or plastic absorbed some or some residue was missed.

Make sense?

Yup 101%. Thanks, you've answered some of my previous questions. It's appreciated.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes me so long to make RODI water that it is like liquid gold to me! So, I used plain tap water mixed with vinegar to clean the inside of my "used" tank when I bought it...and then used tap water to leak test my DT and my DIY sump. Afterwards, used a shop-vac to drain the tanks, lol...that 5 gal shop vac fills up pretty darn quickly...learned the hard way on the first fill-up, lol...water all over my basement garage area!

I understand the use of RODI in your tank for regular saltwater use...but, I kind of think its a bit silly to be using RODI to clean everything, rinse off stuff, etc... Especially when you are going to let stuff dry off completely.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes me so long to make RODI water that it is like liquid gold to me! So, I used plain tap water mixed with vinegar to clean the inside of my "used" tank when I bought it...and then used tap water to leak test my DT and my DIY sump. Afterwards, used a shop-vac to drain the tanks, lol...that 5 gal shop vac fills up pretty darn quickly...learned the hard way on the first fill-up, lol...water all over my basement garage area!

I understand the use of RODI in your tank for regular saltwater use...but, I kind of think its a bit silly to be using RODI to clean everything, rinse off stuff, etc... Especially when you are going to let stuff dry off completely.

I have yet to experience... interesting to see how slow mine is. :/ Thanks for the great advice!

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to experience... interesting to see how slow mine is. :/ Thanks for the great advice!
My water pressure at my house is only about 42psi, so that slows production... now that it's getting cooler outside, production is even less. I just bought a pump to increase my pressure, so hoping that helps!

dechez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water pressure at my house is only about 42psi, so that slows production... now that it's getting cooler outside, production is even less. I just bought a pump to increase my pressure, so hoping that helps!
Hey remember that booster pump you posted?That's the pump to boost your pressure going into your RODI unit for faster more productive water production silly

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey remember that booster pump you posted?That's the pump to boost your pressure going into your RODI unit for faster more productive water production silly

Exactly... it's to boost the pressure from my house water line going into my RODI unit so my RODI receives higher pressure... which increases the efficiency of the RODI unit. I believe the lowest ideal water pressure entering the BRS RODI unit is around 50psi...The max entering now is only 43psi for me (since my overall house water pressure is that low). I haven't hooked up the pump yet, but it should probably put me at around 70psi.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back