Clear Coat Question for Aquarium Stand and Canopy

  • Thread starter Thread starter New2Coral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

New2Coral

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just finished the last coat of paint on the stand and canopy now its time to apply a clear coat. I'm using high-gloss black paint and it really has that wet look to it. I wanted to know if I could use this Deft 1-Aerosol Gloss Interior Clear Wood Finish Lacquer-01013 - The Home Depot. To clear coat it without losing that wet look or if you all have any recommendations for a high gloss clear coat. I'm using Behr High Gloss Enamel paint.

Thanks
 
Let me know how it works. I used matte black exterior paint on my stands and didn't even think about needing clear coat...I figured the exterior paint wood suffice. I might have to put some on the stands this weekend.
 
I did one coat because the label said it was triple thick. It gave my white paint a little bit of a yellow tint. Its not to noticeable unless you stare at it. I'm hoping my LEDs will hide this little imperfection. It was really thick so thick that I couldn't close the cabinet doors lol. Well you live and you learn this was my first time attempting this and I think it came out pretty good will post pics when I have everything set up. Right now I'm working on setting up my plumbing so that I won't have to carry any water during water changes. Wish me luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new