Clearance Lights at petco

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I still have friends that work at petco and they are discontinuing the sale of all fluval lights and the fluorescent coral life lights. Right now I believe they are half off so a 48" aquasky is like 40 bucks. In about another week or two they should go prompt for price meaning they will be like 10-20 dollars depending on the size of the light. The lights aren't great for corals but I do believe they can do low to medium light corals. I have two aquaskies that grow leathers and zoas. Just thought I'd put this out there

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone I still have friends that work at petco and they are discontinuing the sale of all fluval lights and the fluorescent coral life lights. Right now I believe they are half off so a 48" aquasky is like 40 bucks. In about another week or two they should go prompt for price meaning they will be like 10-20 dollars depending on the size of the light. The lights aren't great for corals but I do believe they can do low to medium light corals. I have two aquaskies that grow leathers and zoas. Just thought I'd put this out there

...and good for fish only systems. Thanks for sharing!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Eh for 20 bucks still a pretty good deal. They do look nice. I'm not super big into coral so I don't mind much but obviously it's a deal breaker for a reef tank

That was meant as an agreement that it is a good deal. I have three different sets of Coralife LED lights and use them for fish only and low-light corals. I may stop by a Petco to see if they have any in stock and on sale here locally.

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you just use two for more light for some more corals?
I believe you can to an extent. A large issue is par which is how much the light penetrates the water you can have a really high intensity light but if the par is bad not much of that light is actually reaching the coral. So id say for shallower tanks it would be fine but for tall tanks the payoff of multiple lights won't be great

Edit: someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't pretend to be a light expert lol

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 3.0 that puts out around 30 par, but par isnt everything. I use orphek OR2s for the coral's photo period, but theyre run by timers. For ramp up/down its fluval all the way. Fishies appreciate it, too. To me, instant on instant off light causes stress, so my fluval is indispensible. Also, you can use the app to fine tune your spectrum. I like a more blue looking tank, so I run mine with 100% blues, whites off. Looks great.

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 3.0 that puts out around 30 par, but par isnt everything. I use orphek OR2s for the coral's photo period, but theyre run by timers. For ramp up/down its fluval all the way. Fishies appreciate it, too. To me, instant on instant off light causes stress, so my fluval is indispensible. Also, you can use the app to fine tune your spectrum. I like a more blue looking tank, so I run mine with 100% blues, whites off. Looks great.
I love running the full blues on the aquaskys. Before my tank exploded I had a queen angel in there and it was gorgeous

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also some ocean nutrition marine flake food is clearanced as well for like 2 bucks. I don't feed flakes but I known some people do

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys would be big fans of kessil if you like blue, lol.
Here is a shot of my tank with a Kessil. Blue_(film).jpg
;)

My Petco has a good and well maintained SW area, I will have to stop buy and see what else they might be clearing out. Thanks for the heads up!

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t forget to grow gha in a diy algae scrubber, thanks for the info!

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a shot of my tank with a Kessil. Blue_(film).jpg
;)

My Petco has a good and well maintained SW area, I will have to stop buy and see what else they might be clearing out. Thanks for the heads up!
Id like to imagine there is someone out there with a fish tank with no fish and just a blue light lol

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights went prompt for price. Got a 48-60 inch aquasky for 20 bucks. Although it was supposed to be 32 but I asked if they could go lower. I think the 24-36 inch are 22 dollars (again they can go lower) and the 48 inch coral life lights are 45

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lights went prompt for price. Got a 48-60 inch aquasky for 20 bucks. Although it was supposed to be 32 but I asked if they could go lower. I think the 24-36 inch are 22 dollars (again they can go lower) and the 48 inch coral life lights are 45

Nice! Congrats on the deal for the new light! My weekend/week got away from me I didn’t make it to my local Petco to see if they had similar deals.

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Congrats on the deal for the new light! My weekend/week got away from me I didn’t make it to my local Petco to see if they had similar deals.
It's country wide I believe. When I used to work at Petco all my coworkers and I had a deal where everything prompt for price was 10 cents lol. That how I got the old aquaskys (the remote ones) now I actually have to pay some money

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's country wide I believe. When I used to work at Petco all my coworkers and I had a deal where everything prompt for price was 10 cents lol. That how I got the old aquaskys (the remote ones) now I actually have to pay some money

Good feedback! I may still try to get by the store in the next couple of days to see if there is anything left.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back