Clearning big vs little Aiptasia

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,733
Reaction score
80,890
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if Copperbands (and peppermints) avoid larger Aiptasia and only go for the smaller ones? Or have an of you seen your CBB/peps chow down on a quarter sized Aip?

I've got some really large Aips, and my CBB hasn't been demonstrating the kind of job motivation we expected from the older generations (Ugh, Gen Beta!). But I've noticed that there are some areas that are staying bare that have no other reason to NOT be completely covered by Aips. Could the CBB and Pepps (I have two) be going at the babies and leaving the big mommas?

Thanks!
 
Anyone know if Copperbands (and peppermints) avoid larger Aiptasia and only go for the smaller ones? Or have an of you seen your CBB/peps chow down on a quarter sized Aip?

I've got some really large Aips, and my CBB hasn't been demonstrating the kind of job motivation we expected from the older generations (Ugh, Gen Beta!). But I've noticed that there are some areas that are staying bare that have no other reason to NOT be completely covered by Aips. Could the CBB and Pepps (I have two) be going at the babies and leaving the big mommas?

Thanks!
Yes.

For large anemones, I inject peroxide with a needle or scrub away using toothbrush dipped in peroxide.
 
Are you sure the large ones are aptasia and not majanos?
 
For sure. These are Aips that have been living their best life.
I've got these big purple ones but I think they are majanos. Peppermint don't touch them and these guys can move if they want to also like other nems. Aptasia x does nothing . Aptasia rx nothing to. Now the little white ones I can nuke pretty easy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new