OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have finished the building part for the most part. It's ready for water. Got my new pump in and finished the plumbing. I would like some thoughts on it however.

Tomorrow night is aquascape night.

Not sure if the return going up then back down is alright?
IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

Rock is ready to go. It actually just finished the ammonia cycle a few days ago and is getting really close to being done.
IMG_1927.JPG

Taduga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fallowing. Will see the sweet tank running.

Taduga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any thoughts on my return line?

The return is a silicon hose as I see and it will give you zero noise which is good. I have it right now the same but plan to make is hard pluming and use in both end a short silicone pice to avoid vibration noise.

serkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean set up. What if you made a manifold to connect the dual reactor. That way your not going to need another pump. This will also help with heat transfer and lower electrical bill while keeping the sump clean of extra equipment.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean set up. What if you made a manifold to connect the dual reactor. That way your not going to need another pump. This will also help with heat transfer and lower electrical bill while keeping the sump clean of extra equipment.

I have been playing around with the idea just not sure how to do it with my setup. I just dont use the reactor very much. I may toss it on now and then to run gfo or carbon but I am going to try to avoid running GFO because IMO it works to well and strips your water of any p04 and I want to keep it around .04-.07 ppm

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh side note for those using vinyl tubing. Getting it straight was a huge pain as it was coiled up at homedepot when I got it. I tried hot water and it just wanst working well. Busted out the hairdryer and that was starting to work ok but then decided to toss the tube in the dryer with a couple towels works like a charm! It came out of the dryer flexible and almost perfectly straight.

serkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you should have given me that idea a year ago when built my 60 cube lol. I got so frustrated with vinyl tube that I just tossed it and hard plumbed it. But I was so mad that I just threw it in there. Now seeing how clean yours is coming out. I'm getting jealous lol. So I'm about to redo mine this weekend.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you should have given me that idea a year ago when built my 60 cube lol. I got so frustrated with vinyl tube that I just tossed it and hard plumbed it. But I was so mad that I just threw it in there. Now seeing how clean yours is coming out. I'm getting jealous lol. So I'm about to redo mine this weekend.

Well I appreciate that! Don't want to make anyone jealous though I am just really taking my time woth the equipment. In the past I have been in such a rush trying to get the system going and fish/coral in asap. I really tried this time to put that aside and work out the kinks. One of the people who gave me this inspiration is @d2mini his systems are so clean and with such attention to detail I wanted to emulate that and focus on the equipment because we forget that what keeps our fish and coral alive is the system. You have no idea how bad I want to toss my rock in get water in it and go buy some corals but I am making sure I cross all my 't's and dot my 'i's.

serkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's so true. I find that if the sump isn't organized I never open the cabinet doors. Then everything goes wrong.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it up! Coming out great. :)

Your tubing dryer trick cracked me up. I take it a step further with "flexible" pvc and stick it in the oven at around 150-175 degrees for 10 minutes. :D

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it up! Coming out great. :)

Your tubing dryer trick cracked me up. I take it a step further with "flexible" pvc and stick it in the oven at around 150-175 degrees for 10 minutes. :D

I used the over for spa hose "flexible pvc" as well! I wanted to use it for the return but couldn't get it to work with the pump. I plumbed my frag tank awhile back with flex pvc. Thank you for the complement. Like I have said to you before you "ecotech cube" is what made me fall in love with cubes a long time ago. When I built my 220 I wanted to do a 150 cube but didn't and alway regretted it. My wife wasn't sold on the new tank and the turning point was showing her my inspiration of yours and she said if you can make it as clean and nice as that go for it.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting rather frustrated with the fact I have heard nothing from UPS regarding the lost MP40. I am going to assume I am not getting it at this point and am unsure what my next steps are. Going to see if the seller can collect the insurance money he put on the pump from UPS because I dont want to just do a paypal charge back on it.

serkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That suck. You know that you would be happier with 2 mp 10 then 1 mp 40. That's what I'm running on my 60 cube and it's great flow that way

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That suck. You know that you would be happier with 2 mp 10 then 1 mp 40. That's what I'm running on my 60 cube and it's great flow that way

I will use 2xmp40s mp10s won't work on the glass it's to thick.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's wet!!!

Took me hours to do the rock scape. I think I like it. Trying to see it with sps.

I'll bust out the good camera later. These iPhone pics with blue light are terrible.

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back