Close up, new stereonepthya

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This particular one is turning out to be pink with tiny gold/yellow flecks. I thought you might enjoy the close up. I love how bold the sclerites are.

pinkandgold.jpg

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spotlighted the 'maybe blue' coral with a white beam flashlight. And guess what? It's is actually blue. More lavender under the FHO but a lovely soft blue under a single beam flashlight. And it's bluer than the photo in real life.

Pretty sure this is about as un altered a photo can get. LOL

Solidblue.jpg

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you getting these things from?

The reef store I go to, the guy ordered them for me. I kept nagging and nagging him to get more. The same place I got the first ones sold to me as Kenya trees. I am going to see if he'll do another order in December for me.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spotlighted the 'maybe blue' coral with a white beam flashlight. And guess what? It's is actually blue. More lavender under the FHO but a lovely soft blue under a single beam flashlight. And it's bluer than the photo in real life.

Solidblue.jpg
Would be nice if Scleronephthya, never seen one of those.

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef store I go to, the guy ordered them for me. I kept nagging and nagging him to get more. The same place I got the first ones sold to me as Kenya trees. I am going to see if he'll do another order in December for me.
You lucky dog!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Solidblue.jpg
Going to be beautiful, can't wait

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Solidblue.jpg
I see orange scleronephthya, gotta be Vietnam. Some exporters from there send assorted box (s) of scleronephthya, I think rare now, because not seen often now.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see orange scleronephthya, gotta be Vietnam. Some exporters from there send assorted box (s) of scleronephthya, I think rare now, because not seen often now.

Yeah the orange came from two different Vietnam sources. Different place than the stereoneptheya.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little beauty (neptheya/litophyton I think) I picked up on eBay, sold as a Kenya tree. The seller's photos were terrible, but I was sure I saw sclerites. I actually purchased two but they packed a different one than what I bought when they sent it too me (they apologized and tried to find it but couldn't). When I first got it it was brown. With good food, light, and flow, it has slowly started turning pink (the light makes it look far pinker than it does but it is turning pink). I purchased a tiny (1/2 inch) "Kenya tree" from the same seller a few weeks prior because it was an unusual color. (no picts of it yet) I had a feeling it wasn't just a Kenya tree and I was right. It's a pale pink neptheya/litophyton. Kind of peach colored.

Ebaycoralsclerite1.jpg Ebaycoralsclerite2.jpg Ebaycoralsclerite3.jpg IMG_1934.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little beauty (neptheya/litophyton I think) I picked up on eBay, sold as a Kenya tree. The seller's photos were terrible, but I was sure I saw sclerites. I actually purchased two but they packed a different one than what I bought when they sent it too me (they apologized and tried to find it but couldn't). When I first got it it was brown. With good food, light, and flow, it has slowly started turning pink (the light makes it look far pinker than it does but it is turning pink). I purchased a tiny (1/2 inch) "Kenya tree" from the same seller a few weeks prior because it was an unusual color. (no picts of it yet) I had a feeling it wasn't just a Kenya tree and I was right. It's a pale pink neptheya/litophyton. Kind of peach colored.

Ebaycoralsclerite1.jpg Ebaycoralsclerite2.jpg Ebaycoralsclerite3.jpg IMG_1934.jpg

Very nice. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back