Closeup lens question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tab28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
2,182
Reaction score
217
Location
Orlando
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a camera dude so you have to speak to me like a novice. I have 2 cameras a tiny cannon and a DSLR. The DSLR is not high end but a Fuji finepix s5100. I have a few lens for that one, a macro/wide and a telephoto, but I can not seem to get the closeup pictures I see so many people taking of their corals. What type if lens do I need to get for this camera that will allow me to see SPS polyps. I know I do not have a great camera but I think it will take better closeup pictures.
 
You likely need a higher magnification macro lens, something around 100mm or larger.

CJ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new