Cloudy Eye Coral Beauty

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm on day 7 of 2.5 Copper Power. I just noticed this eye issue. I plan to put them in my second QT tank on day 15 and do 2 weeks prazipro. Should I veer off course now and address this? The fish acts fine. He's eating well and playing with his tank mate. He doesn't seem to be breathing abnormally. His other eye is normal. I'm not sure how long this has been a thing. He hides in the pvc elbow when I am near the tank. I had to sit there for 30min to get this pic.

Please Advise...

I have Focus - Metroplex and Kanoplex on deck. The former expired 2 months ago and Kanoplex doesn't have a date but was purchased at the same time.
20231014_170016.jpg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm on day 7 of 2.5 Copper Power. I just noticed this eye issue. I plan to put them in my second QT tank on day 15 and do 2 weeks prazipro. Should I veer off course now and address this? The fish acts fine. He's eating well and playing with his tank mate. He doesn't seem to be breathing abnormally. His other eye is normal. I'm not sure how long this has been a thing. He hides in the pvc elbow when I am near the tank. I had to sit there for 30min to get this pic.

Please Advise...

I have Focus - Metroplex and Kanoplex on deck. The former expired 2 months ago and Kanoplex doesn't have a date but was purchased at the same time.
20231014_170016.jpg
This is likely the result of an injury and will require treatment and happens often in a quarantine tank where there is pc pipes and other blunt objects.
Maracyn which is ethromyacin will work. Not maracyn oxy or maracyn 2

1697324111560.png

OP
OP
Mikeltee

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks vette I'll grab some tomorrow. Yesterday, the heater came off of its mount and was banging against the glass and he was over there playing with it. I bet it happened then.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back