Cloudy glass

Crowned_Sock

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Messages
67
Reaction score
47
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s hard to see, but there’s some kind of white substance on the inside of the glass. You may notice diatoms in the background as well but I’m already aware and I’m getting trochus snails and copepods on Sunday. If I get those will they help keep the glass clean as well? (I don’t have any CUC yet) I’m also using Maracyn right now so maybe that’s a side effect? If the trochus and copepods won’t be as effective, here’s the rest of the list I was thinking about: Cerith snails, Nassarius snails, scarlet reef hermit.

IMG_5225.jpeg
 
Yes. Glass scrapers are the easiest way to clean it and they always make the tank look fresh and clean. It’s one of the easy and satisfying parts of the hobby
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new