Cloudy water after water change

  • Thread starter Thread starter citymouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Did you figure this out?
It didn't happen again... :) I took a pressure washer to the inside of the barrels I use to make the saltwater in, maybe it was that? No clue really, it just stopped happening.
 
How long did it last
If I remember correctly, it was cloudy for about 1 to 2 weeks after a water change. After testing the water and waiting, I found nothing wrong. So I pressure washed the barrels before my next water change and the water didn't get cloudy again. I don't know if this was the problem though.

I also have 5 gallon jugs for my smaller SW tanks, the QT that is 40 and the biocube , they get grimy inside, I can't get my hand in there to clean anything, I may take the pressure washer to those too, but it won't be easy. I've never had issue with cloudy water in these tanks after a water change though, so I have no idea if the residue was the issue.
 
I know I’m little late but did anyone ask if your dechorinating your RODI? If your city puts chloramines in the water ( ahh most definitely do) you should still add prime or amquel. Little bit will decimate your pod colony. That huge tank has lots of sand for microfauna, pods, and such that will destroy alkalinity levels all by themselves.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new