Cloudy Water

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started saltwater and I love it so far. So I set up my tank and had it running for a week and a half and I tested my water and had 6.8 pH and I wanted to make that higher around the 8.2 range. So I went out to the store and got “Aquavitro Balance” and so i used it and it says on the bottle “raises pH without affecting calcium and alkalinity” (also had a professional helping me and recommended this) and now my water is extremely cloudy. Also you know how snow looks when it layers the ground and objects? It also looks like that. I don’t know how to add pictures unfortunately but its too cloudy to see anything, also if u want to know the exact bottle that caused this> https://images.app.goo.gl/769E1C8TYGoyokd28

Please help, Thank you!

OuteastREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try not to use PH buffers they can just make things worse and more complicated. being a young tank just let it cycle without any chemical additions for a long time. Maybe some bacteria such as microbacter 7. You can raise PH naturally, such as increasing water agitation at the top of the tank. The cloudy water should go away depending on your filtration setup also.

OP
OP
B

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pictures

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you i really appreciate it! This is what it look like on the bottom as well. Thats not saNd thats the pH buffer. Also my filtration set up I have an all in one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
B

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to discuss that with the friend that sold this to me. I texted him waiting on a response. Also do you think the emerald crab, hermit crab, and snail can die from the water being like this or do you think they will be fine?

OuteastREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to discuss that with the friend that sold this to me. I texted him waiting on a response. Also do you think the emerald crab, hermit crab, and snail can die from the water being like this or do you think they will be fine?
They can def die, but they can be ok. I wouldn't add any livestock until the tank is more stable.

OP
OP
B

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i hope they will be ok. But my friend responded and he said that it has been used for a while and shold be replaced so it may not work. How long do you think this would take to clear naturally. Compared to carbon helping.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back