OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would explain the cloudyness its probably a bacterial bloom from 2 much free nutrients something def nuked it whether it was feeding or dead livestock. Most important thing is to aid in nutrient export do the biggest water change you can.
Did a big water change and this foamy stuff started forming at the top, have any idea what it is
56C1C9D6-1856-44A0-A7EB-759A261A102C.jpeg

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a big water change and this foamy stuff started forming at the top, have any idea what it is
Probably excess organics in your tank. If you can run a bit of activated carbon, that should sort it. I’m guessing you haven’t got a skimmer.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should settle out looks like its just from pouring the new water in, if you run an airstone in saltwater your tank will get foam like that. How many gph does the equipment on your tank push? As long as the tank has proper flow and enough biological space (rocks sand even non porous surfaces like glass) you should see the cloudiness subside over the next day or 2. If your fish start breathing rapidly I would suggest putting a wavemaker right at the surface of the tank to boost O2 until the cloudiness subsides altogether.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably excess organics in your tank. If you can run a bit of activated carbon, that should sort it. I’m guessing you haven’t got a skimmer.
It should settle out looks like its just from pouring the new water in, if you run an airstone in saltwater your tank will get foam like that. How many gph does the equipment on your tank push? As long as the tank has proper flow and enough biological space (rocks sand even non porous surfaces like glass) you should see the cloudiness subside over the next day or 2. If your fish start breathing rapidly I would suggest putting a wavemaker right at the surface of the tank to boost O2 until the cloudiness subsides altogether.
Awesome thank you both

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back