clove polop help needed

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi fellow reefers, i received a beautiful colony of clove polops the other day. they started to open the first day then changed their minds. for the last few days ive been trying to find their happy place but to no avail. ive tried different places w different flow and different lighting. and yes im waiting in between moves and flow long enough for them to settle in but nothing seems to work. all suggestions welcome. i really want these guys to b happy and open. thanks in advance

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only got them "the other day" and you've moved them several times, then there is now way that you have left them "long enough for them to settle in".

Having said that, find a place with good flow, and light somewhere around 100 PAR. They can handle more PAR, but that's a good spot to start. Then leave them there for a day or two or three and see what happens.

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only got them "the other day" and you've moved them several times, then there is now way that you have left them "long enough for them to settle in".

Having said that, find a place with good flow, and light somewhere around 100 PAR. They can handle more PAR, but that's a good spot to start. Then leave them there for a day or two or three and see what happens.
t hank you very much. i did feel i was jumping the gun but only because they were opening so well then closed. thought maybe it was my fault or placement. thanks a million

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back