Clove Polyp Casualty

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately my 1" tuxedo ate my clove polyps this morning. Had about 10 polyps and saw him siting on top this morning. There's enough algae in there so must have been dessert. I have some other corals in there, should I be worried about torches, hammers, Favia, Zoa, Acan or Candy Canes? I sat him on an algae wafer and he seemed to eat it for about 30 minutes. Just wondering if there may be any other future issues.

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So unfortunately my 1" tuxedo ate my clove polyps this morning. Had about 10 polyps and saw him siting on top this morning. There's enough algae in there so must have been dessert. I have some other corals in there, should I be worried about torches, hammers, Favia, Zoa, Acan or Candy Canes? I sat him on an algae wafer and he seemed to eat it for about 30 minutes. Just wondering if there may be any other future issues.
Should be fine. Mine also ate all my cloves several months ago, but doesn't touch anything else. I managed to save a few cloves by covering them with a plastic strawberry basket.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back