Relatively New to Reefing

Fr Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I got into feeding back in 2018 with a Fluval EVO 13.5. I had that thing going great until a vacation a year and a half ago out of the country and when I returned it had crashed. Lost all the coral and livestock.

I then decided to leave the EVO empty for now and to do what I wanted in the first place: build a 75 gallon mixed reef.

it has taken awhile to slowly get everything up and running. Currently I have a 75 Gallon tank, two AI Prime 16 HDs, a Fluval FX4 canister filter, and an osmolator ATO. Tank has been running for four months.

I have two oscillaris clowns, a sailfin tang, a bicolor blenny, a tail spot wrasse, a sand sifting goby, an orchid dottyback, a yellow watchman goby paired with a tiger pistol shrimp, a tuxedo urchin and a pincushion urchin, a brittle star, an emerald crab, two cleaner shrimp, some hermits and some snails and a conch.

Also there are some zoas, two mushrooms, a Kenya tree, clove polyps, a torch, three hammers, mint candy cane, chalice, some blastomusa, a Duncan, and two goneopora.

I’m running the lights with Salty Pops light schedule which seems to work good. No issues with anything so far except I think the wrasse picks at the Duncans and the goneopora sometimes. I may end up trading him in at my LFS. Problem is he is my centerpiece fish.

Any suggestions on a more reef safe centerpiece fish?

Anyone more experienced see anything that I’m doing that they realize is completely wrong or a bad idea? Haha.

Thanks!

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving Pictures Hello GIF

Welcome to the reef!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back