Clown Babys !

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my bullet hole clown fish had been acting weird for the past week, hiding in the back of the tank not really eating. So today I went to the side of the tank and was watching him for a few minutes and noticed him flapping at the rock. I look at the rock and there are hundreds of little eye looking back at me ! They are attached to the rock and little sacks and just waiting to hatch!. So this has me nervous.... do I do anything special or let nature do its own things and not intervene? Also what am I supposed to do with all those babies ! Heres a photo it is very hard to see.
20191209_124500.jpg

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up Clownfish breeding here and online. Also, grab a copy of Joyce Wilkersons Clownfish book.

The short story is that without intervention and plankton culture on your behalf, none will survive. It's relatively easy to get clowns to spawn, and a whole different story actually rearing them...

Having said that, congratulations! It's sign of how well you are taking care of them...

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up Clownfish breeding here and online. Also, grab a copy of Joyce Wilkersons Clownfish book.

The short story is that without intervention and plankton culture on your behalf, none will survive. It's relatively easy to get clowns to spawn, and a whole different story actually rearing them...

Having said that, congratulations! It's sign of how well you are taking care of them...
Well hopefully I can come up with something fast lol Thank you for the suggestions !

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pair lay eggs every month or so. Has happened countless times in their 13 years together. If you are looking to raise the fry, you’ll have to read-up as was said. If you don’t, then you don’t have to do anything, at least I never have.

Alternatively, chances are they’ll mate again, so if you aren’t able to raise these ones, chances are you’ll have another shot, maybe many, in the future. I too will extend my congrats as to your success in having them replicate natural behavior!

Good luck!

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pair lay eggs every month or so. Has happened countless times in their 13 years together. If you are looking to raise the fry, you’ll have to read-up as was said. If you don’t, then you don’t have to do anything, at least I never have.

Alternatively, chances are they’ll mate again, so if you aren’t able to raise these ones, chances are you’ll have another shot, maybe many, in the future. I too will extend my congrats as to your success in having them replicate natural behavior!
Yes it looks like I may be to late for this batch of fry, as they look to probably hatch tonight or tomorrow, I would have to manually remove them, and I have no notifiers on hand, ordering would take 3 days at best... and I believe they would starve by then. however, there is always next time !

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back