Clown fish decided to spawn....

Swede's Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,723
Location
Goni World, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I share this video of my clown fish pair (Big Mama and Nemo X) spawning .... was not ready for this, so I will leave them be.... Happen to take a look at their tank last night and caught them in the act. Only had my phone without filters so not the best video but still pretty cool... blues still on.
 
Last edited:
I’m going to report this to the mods. This is a family friendly site.
(Hope your clowns have a successful family there at home. :cool: )
 

I thought I share this video of my clown fish pair (Big Mama and Nemo X) spawning .... was not ready for this, so I will leave them be.... Happen to take a look at their tank last night and caught them in the act. Only had my phone without filters so not the best video but still pretty cool... blues still on.

Nice! I love that nearly everyone who has a pair of clowns inevitably calls the female “big mama”
 
Nice! I love that nearly everyone who has a pair of clowns inevitably calls the female “big mama”
My vicious female nest defenders are known as “Crazy Momma’s” because they attack anything that comes around in the tank.
 
LOL yeah mine did too a couple nights ago under RBTA's. Wonder if related to full moon (run moon cycles in tank and was full moon). I had a pair of true Perculas (8 years) that constantly spawned then the male died a few years ago. I had a black & white snowflake pair that formed a 3 way then they only lasted a couple years. Then I made a mistake and ordered what I thought was a true perc and it turned out to be a true perc of the maine blizzard type. He was pretty small but he hooked right up with big mama and a couple months later they spawned. So big mama got herself a new boy toy :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :astonished-face:.

Big tank with lots of fish and rock so I expect as always, the kids will be fish food. If not the offspring would be interesting. And yeah, the ex named the original pair Micky and Minnie. I like big mama better lol. The blizzard is just whitey.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new