Clown fish died

Frankie the frog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has 2 clown fish for over 8 years, they died with a couple of months. Got new fish after a month and they died after a couple of days. Bought more clowns, one died so I waited a while Little guy was doing ok so i got him a friend, died within a week and little guy died the next day! Water parameter are ok. Should I start over, new sand etc

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some sort of disease unless your tank is chemically contaminated or the parameters are way out of spec.

OP
OP
F

Frankie the frog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters are all good, even had them double checked at the pet store. Wonder if I should just start over, new sand clean everything however would like to keep the live rocks , just don’t know if the rocks are contaminated.

OP
OP
F

Frankie the frog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some sort of disease unless your tank is chemically contaminated or the parameters are way out of spec.
Also how do I get rid of disease in my tank if this is the case. So strange, never had problems until I had to get new fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Has 2 clown fish for over 8 years, they died with a couple of months. Got new fish after a month and they died after a couple of days. Bought more clowns, one died so I waited a while Little guy was doing ok so i got him a friend, died within a week and little guy died the next day! Water parameter are ok. Should I start over, new sand etc
Often, these sudden deaths will be due to a change in water quality or disease, but need more info t tell if disease played a role.
Were fish suddenly breathing heavy
Did you notice loss of appetite?
Any itching, scratching, darting, swimming at surface or other?

OP
OP
F

Frankie the frog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they seem to have trouble breathing, swimming at the surface or hiding low on the sand. Water parameter were double checked and were ok. I did notice some bugs walking around on the rocks and sand, gross.
Had clownfish for a long time before and they were so happy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back