What’s going on in my tank??

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Anybody know what’s happening and why all these fish stay in the corner. So before the clown was on the other side of the tank no he’s migrated to where these catfish (not sure exactly what they are). Those two always stay in the corner and never swim around in the tank the clown hangs out now over them and I believe causes them stress. It’s a 30 gallon with so much room but everybody is in a corner. What should I do?

Somebody at the fish store told me to get another clown but I don’t want another one because they are aggressive and pick at the fins of my other fish and eventually die. It’s a dilemma.

Should I take everybody out and start with new ones and put them in all at the same time?

Suggestions please!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything that you should be concerned about.

Clownfish are notoriously territorial. I have an Ocellaris pair that have taken over 1/2 of a 6 ft. tank.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish all look stressed to me. You need more rocks so the fish can establish out of sight territory and caves to hide if needed. What are your current parameters in the tank? I don't see any surface ripple for gas exchange other then an airstone. Do you have a powerhead for flow?

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish all look stressed to me. You need more rocks so the fish can establish out of sight territory and caves to hide if needed. What are your current parameters in the tank? I don't see any surface ripple for gas exchange other then an airstone. Do you have a powerhead for flow?
Ok so I don’t understand when people say parameters sorry I’ve had the tank for 3 years but haven’t been on here for a while. I agree with you that they are stressed. There is surface ripple I have a filter in the back. Do I need a power head?

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I don’t understand when people say parameters sorry I’ve had the tank for 3 years but haven’t been on here for a while. I agree with you that they are stressed. There is surface ripple I have a filter in the back. Do I need a power head?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 25

zoanthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I don’t understand when people say parameters sorry I’ve had the tank for 3 years but haven’t been on here for a while. I agree with you that they are stressed. There is surface ripple I have a filter in the back. Do I need a power

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it looks like they are all hanging out directly below the HOB return. You need one of these.

powerhead
Ohhhh ok I get it!!!! That makes sense there’s no flow on the other side of the tank and the water doesn’t move as much!!!! Omg ‍ I will get one. No new fish until I get that!

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh ok I get it!!!! That makes sense there’s no flow on the other side of the tank and the water doesn’t move as much!!!! Omg ‍ I will get one. No new fish until I get that!
You don't have to get the one I linked, there are plenty to choose from. But that is the one I use. Highly recommend getting one with a controler so you can control intensity and use a "feed" mode.

zoanthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a power head would create better flow throughout the tank, I’d suggest getting more live rock to create some hiding spots or homes for your fish. Parameters would be something like
Salinity
Temp
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Phosphates
Cal
Mag
Alk
You don’t have any corals so a simple sea salt mix would do the job with basic Water changes tank should be good. Also the power head would help with cleaning all the gunk off the floor bed keeping it a lot cleaner not allowing for any phosphates or nitrates to build up fish can handle a good amount until it becomes toxic.

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essentially I want it facing mainly upward? And if I do get one with different settings am I going to want it on all the time? Just change the setting when I feed them? I’m guessing it slows it down

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back