Clown fish disease help please

djoutkast22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok friends I thought I had cured my Picasso with formalin but whatever she had got into my other clowns and I'm in desperate help to identify what it is I tried to qt all clowns in a 10 gal but ended up only leaving my Picasso true perc pair in there and they died with treatment from Kordon rid ich plus as it has formalin in it. Now I just dosed prazipro and now my female clown is breathing heavy maybe heavier as she was already breathing heavy. My other clowns look to have ich and whatever it was that the Picasso had. I don't know whether if the Picasso was wild caught.
e2e7u2az.jpg

vybedyqe.jpg

This is what the Picasso had
Please help I'm losing my breeding pairs fast

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get all the rid-ich out of tje system before dosing the prazipro? If not, I would replace 80-90% of the water immediately.

Check your ammonia if you treated in the display tank. It may be spiking from dying inhabitants in the live rock.

I really don't know what it is, but giving this a bump...

Last edited:
OP
OP
djoutkast22

djoutkast22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get all the rid-ich out of tje system before dosing the prazipro? If not, I would replace 80-90% of the water immediately.

Check your ammonia if you treated in the display tank. It may be spiking from dying inhabitants in the live rock.

The rid ich was in a different tank. Ok I'll test now

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 48 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back