clown fish heavy breathing

  • Thread starter Thread starter eddhall89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eddhall89

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have had these two clowns in the tank for 7 days now. Water parameters good, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 10 nitrates. salinity good.
Both clowns were doing great but have noticed the more dominant of the two has started heavy breathing and gills looks Inflamed. Fish has gone off its food, occasional nibbble when food goes in but behaviour has changed since first introduced. The other clown is fine, showing no signs of issue or heavy breathing. Any ideas what the issue could be?
LFS told me to do a freshwater dip for 2 mins, which I have done and haven’t seen much to little improvement since.
Will try attach a video later
 
Here is a video
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5039.mov
    28.3 MB
Hi, I have had these two clowns in the tank for 7 days now. Water parameters good, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 10 nitrates. salinity good.
Both clowns were doing great but have noticed the more dominant of the two has started heavy breathing and gills looks Inflamed. Fish has gone off its food, occasional nibbble when food goes in but behaviour has changed since first introduced. The other clown is fine, showing no signs of issue or heavy breathing. Any ideas what the issue could be?
LFS told me to do a freshwater dip for 2 mins, which I have done and haven’t seen much to little improvement since.
Will try attach a video later
The larger clown often the female is the dominant fish and will stress the smaller one… chase it, bite it and corner it
I highly recommend quarantine as I see discoloration on the fish suggesting early brook which affects clowns. Ruby rally pro will keep the fish in check
 
I’m Uk based and don’t think we can get that here. Any other alternatives you think will work?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new