Clown fish keeps poking at Duncan frag

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown that recently is just poking at the Duncan’s. It’s only a frag with 4 heads and was extended almost all day looking great, but ever since I’ve been catching the clown poke at him, he’s been nearly retracted for days.

is there anything that I can do to get him to lay off? At this point I’d rather have the coral than the Duncan but I’d rather have both if there’s a trick or something.

The ******* won’t even let me take a picture of the Duncan without getting inthe way

image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Clowns are dumb and it appears it's trying to make an anemone out of the Duncan. They will do the same with toadstool leathers, hammer coral and even xenia coral.
may be a consideration to get it an anemone even a cheap condylactus when the tank is at least 5-6 months running.

OP
OP
mbarber87

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Embrace it. Lol

20200324_140531.jpg
Haha love it. But mine looks like it hates the clown. :( I took the Clown out and put it in my quarantine for the night and the duncan opened up BEAUTIFULLY, longer than I've seen him open in almost a week lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back