Clown fish pairing sea anemone

mikesilverado8888

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
335
Reaction score
48
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a maroon clown fish I heard that Red tip sea anemone are most likely to pair up is that true. I have right now a long tentacle sea anemone that the maroon clown doesn't even notice.
 
A natural host anemone for P. biaculeatus (( maroon clown )) is an E. quadricolor (( BTA )). So is an M. doreensis, which makes it odd that your clown hasn't noticed.
 
A natural host anemone for P. biaculeatus (( maroon clown )) is an E. quadricolor (( BTA )). So is an M. doreensis, which makes it odd that your clown hasn't noticed.
Right now I have a long tentacle sea anemone not a bubble tip
 
6e04431db1f6432893c856ce39f2ff05.jpg
 
give it time....it may come around...or it may look to your frogspawn...or it'll never happen....is that clown new to the tank? or vice-versa?
 
Give it some time. I've had 2 snowflake clowns for almost 2 years and they just recently decided to start hosting my large toadstool.

Otherwise they may never take to hosting the anemone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new