Clown fish

Jfishwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok have a question I have 2 pairs of clowns in my tank they all get along just fine. My favorite clown that never leaves her nem is now hiding under the rocks. All the fish have been in the same tank for about 6 months now with no new additions. Can someone help me out with this?
Thank u

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok have a question I have 2 pairs of clowns in my tank they all get along just fine. My favorite clown that never leaves her nem is now hiding under the rocks. All the fish have been in the same tank for about 6 months now with no new additions. Can someone help me out with this?
Thank u
So you have 4 clownfish together in one tank? How big is the tank and were they all small when you first got them?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of the other ones acting weird or just the one?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jfishwild
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef

As long as it looks good / eating and not stressed from bullying (with one of your other 3) then I would not worry about it.

If your pairs have separated, then it could be an long haul issue with two females in the same reef.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 clowns in one tank always has the liability of losing 2 or more of those clowns. A 135, may make it work temporarily but you are always at risk of losing 2 or more clowns at any point.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of clowns?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry. If clowns fight it's very obvious. I have kept multiple pr of ocellaris/perculas together in similarly sized tanks on many occasions without issue.

OP
OP
Jfishwild

Jfishwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update:
my snowflake came out of the cave last night and went straight to her nem. but as soon as she came out the much larger ocellaris came at her and keep bugging her. should i sell the other pairs to a friend or to a local fish store? that snowflake is by far my favorite fish in my tank. so i really dont want her to die becasue of being beaten up or stressed. if i do need to sell them i have no clue what a normal pair of clown fish go for? could someone help me out.
thanks for reading.

Back