Clown goby food recs

  • Thread starter Thread starter blub_blub
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blub_blub

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to get a green clown goby in a month or so and my thinking is that I might as well start feeding that food for the other fish as well. When I go on vacations, I'll have a single food in the auto feeder.

Final planned fish list:

green clown goby
yellow watchman goby
royal gramma
clownfish

Any recs on food small enough for the green clown goby but would be sufficient for all of them while away for a few weeks?

Currently I have ocean nutrition formula 1 small pellets (1.2mm) which I believe will be too large for the clown goby.
 
Micro Pellets like Harkai should be fine. The clown gobies I have had were always enthusiastic eaters. Cool little fish.
 
Last edited:
I'd also try frozen baby brine shrimp or frozen pods. I used to have one that would always find something to eat when I fed the tank LRS Reef Frenzy Nano too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new