Clown hosted by Zoa Garden

  • Thread starter Thread starter member 99594
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
M

member 99594

Guest
View Badges
Hey all,

I have a pair of clowns that I have had for about a year and they have just decided now that they would like to sleep on a bed of Zoa's. How cool as this is they are getting stung and they have black bellies. Does anyone know a trick to get them out of there or if this will eventually be okay?

I have added a couple of nems in the hopes they will move to the nem.

Thanks all!!

Ian
 
They build up an immunity to the stinging from corals. That might be what they are doing. I've had clownfish host plenty of coral I would have never expected them to like zoas, frogspawn, hammers, GSP, Zenia. It should be harmless as long as they aren't bothering the zoas enough to make them retract the polyps and start to wither away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new