Clown ID Please

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm extremely new to all this and recently picked up a full setup that I'm only going to be using parts of for the time being. But it included 2 clowns that are currently making their home in my QT tank while I continue putting together my display.

Larger more yellowish of the two:

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

Smaller of the two, very bright orange.
IMG_4082.JPG

Both in the same shot and a pretty accurate representation of the colors I see that don't seem to be captured well in the pictures always:
IMG_4077.JPG

On a side note I have a newfound respect for many of the excellent pictures on this site because it was very difficult just to get these few mediocre pictures. I probably took 40 just to get these 4.

Thanks.

Chris

IMG_4069.JPG

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like Oscillaris clowns to me... the lighter orange one looks like it had 11 dorsal spines, high dorsal fin, and very little black line next to the white stripe. The other one is harder to see... only counted 9 dorsal spines, but the color is more like a percula clown, but the height of the dorsal fin seems more oscillaris. Maybe an expert will respond with a little better guidance.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larger one def looks Occy, smaller one is harder to tell from pictures. Check my sig and see if you can count for yourself at home.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They look like Oscillaris clowns to me... the lighter orange one looks like it had 11 dorsal spines, high dorsal fin, and very little black line next to the white stripe. The other one is harder to see... only counted 9 dorsal spines, but the color is more like a percula clown, but the height of the dorsal fin seems more oscillaris. Maybe an expert will respond with a little better guidance.

Larger one def looks Occy, smaller one is harder to tell from pictures. Check my sig and see if you can count for yourself at home.

Thank you both for the input. If they'd ever stop moving maybe I could get a better count or a better picture to count from.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back