OP
OP
alexiowa

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nipped me a couple times when I was placing corals today. If I have to do any real work in the tank he's going in time out first. Done playing around

Greckel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mine for less than a week, but the female is displaying this type of aggression. She hasn't had the audacity to bite me yet, but she follows me as I walk around the living room. The male is super timid and well dominated.

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming its not painful as no one is mentioning bleeding in their tank?

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to take my kids to this island in one of the lakes in florida that i grew up on by boat... i would sit in the water about neck deep and dink beer while they swam...

the bluegill would nip at hairs and moles.... one grabbed hold of my nipple one time and drew blood....

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming its not painful as no one is mentioning bleeding in their tank?
It's uncomfortable, and they seem to pick tender spots like the back of your arm.
Oh and the startle factor is the worst

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to take my kids to this island in one of the lakes in florida that i grew up on by boat... i would sit in the water about neck deep and dink beer while they swam...

the bluegill would nip at hairs and moles.... one grabbed hold of my nipple one time and drew blood....

Whew, glad you lived to tell the tale....

ALbque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their teeth are set back in their throat. That's why you don't see them. If they get you good they will draw blood for sure. They haven't bitten through my coral gloves and for some reason, mostly avoid them but not bare flesh ! Lol

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their teeth are set back in their throat. That's why you don't see them. If they get you good they will draw blood for sure. They haven't bitten through my coral gloves and for some reason, mostly avoid them but not bare flesh ! Lol

I was more merely teasing him then being condescending.

Arvind Arya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maroon and 4 stripe damsel stalk and bite me constantly I wear gloves if I’m doing work in the tank otherwise I just shoo it away but sometimes it surprises me

Jerry Ebner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two tanks. Two regular nothing special clowns and they get along with each other and tank mates.
Second tank. Black clowns and they are the only fish and don't mess with the shrimp. Both nano tanks.

MDeVito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a particularly aggressive and clown and enjoyed biting onto my hand, I used to just open my hand very large and stuck my fingers out, as if to mimic to a much larger predator on the reef kind of showing off its size, the clown usually backed down. Eventually I kept doing this every time she tried to bite me, eventually she stopped. Weird I know, but I was just going more off animal behavior. Fish whisperer style.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back