Clown is trying to host Gonipora

Chris_Noles

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Messages
754
Reaction score
330
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gonipora looks ticked off everyday because my clown is trying to host it, should I just let it be or move it elsewhere in the tank?
 
Goni is the host and clown is the guest persay. The clown is capable of stressing it to the point of death. I would consider either relocation or even cover goni with a net type breeder where it received flow and nutrients.
 
Goni is the host and clown is the guest persay. The clown is capable of stressing it to the point of death. I would consider either relocation or even cover goni with a net type breeder where it received flow and nutrients.
Goni hasnt opened in like 2 weeks.... might have to move it
 
Goni is the host and clown is the guest persay. The clown is capable of stressing it to the point of death. I would consider either relocation or even cover goni with a net type breeder where it received flow and nutrients.
I've heard people at my LFS use the term guest or guesting for clownfish too. "How did you get your clown to start guesting your nem?" Sort of context.
 
I've heard people at my LFS use the term guest or guesting for clownfish too. "How did you get your clown to start guesting your nem?" Sort of context.
drop food on the nem instead of feeding the clown. The clown will go for food and host may open up OR sting the clown- A gamble it is. It takes time but does eventually take place
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new