Clown killing a crab?

SkipsPrincess77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had gotten a Sally light foot crab about 2 weeks ago. Found it dead yesterday. One of its legs was on the other side of the tank. Surely it didn't starve to death since my other inverts are thriving. The snails in my biocube are huge. They grow twice as fast as in my other tank for some reason. The only thing I can think of is maybe my clown attacked it? The clown is the only actual fish in that tank. Rest is corals, inverts, and an anemone. I tried keeping a coral banded shrimp like 2 months ago but one of my blowers took him out. I got a Pom Pom crab when I got the Sally but it's so small I don't know if it still exists. I really want to keep a crab cause they are fun to watch.
Phos are 0 and nitrates are 10. I do 10% weekly water changes with RO unit. Opinions? Do clowns generally attack? I've read they can be aggressive. The crab was found dead below the anemone but not touching.
 
They molt and the molt looks REALLY REALLY real... Did you check belly for open flap...
 
I was hoping it was a molt. It smelled like dead fish when I pulled it out. It's only a 29gallon biocube so figured I'd have seen it by now. Idk what you mean by belly flap. It had a flat belly with hole on it which I was told it means it was a girl.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new