Clown Mouth Sore

MikeyS22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with one of my clowns. It's a fairly new tank, and I got two clowns both at the same time. The bigger one is doing fine, but the smaller one seems to have something going on with his mouth. When I first got him, the next day looked like a piece of sand or dirt under his mouth. Then over the course of the next few days it got bigger and eventually looked like a blackhead that was about to pop. I ended up getting Paraguard and doing a 1 hour dip, 3 days in a row. It seemed to have helped it go down and it looked as if it almost peeled off. Upon taking him out for his dips, I noticed that the spot was actually red, and not black. Well now it seems to be getting bigger and whiter. Looks almost like a blister of some sort.

His behaviour is a little strange too, he eats perfectly fine, but if it's not feeding time he tends to stay in one little rock passage out of the majority of flow and sometimes floats sideways or upright. Not sure if the white is just part of the healing process or what. But I'm at a loss. I will be driving by my LFS tonight and can stop to get some different meds if need be.
Screenshot_20191223-104914.png
Screenshot_20191223-104914.png
Screenshot_20191223-104818.png
Screenshot_20191223-104802.png

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the same problem not sure what it is but we found out that soaking brine shrimp in garlic did the trick just try that if it doesn’t work just tell me

OP
OP
M

MikeyS22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the same problem not sure what it is but we found out that soaking brine shrimp in garlic did the trick just try that if it doesn’t work just tell me

Okay, I will give that a shot. I'll have to google how exactly to soak in garlic lol. How long did it take yours to clear up?

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I will give that a shot. I'll have to google how exactly to soak in garlic lol. How long did it take yours to clear up?
Two days and a half probably wasn’t gone but too small for us to see

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days and a half probably wasn’t gone but too small for us to see
Crush fresh garlic then put the garlic in a paper coffee filter pour a little saltwater in the filter then slowly squeeze the filter to help the water percolate into the cup of brine shrimp

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crush fresh garlic then put the garlic in a paper coffee filter pour a little saltwater in the filter then slowly squeeze the filter to help the water percolate into the cup of brine shrimp
Let stand for about ten minutes my dad says serve with beverage of choice lol

Greatdane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks exactly like what I had the white stuff on the lip if garlic shrimp doesn’t work you’ll probably have to put it in you QT and chemically treat it

OP
OP
M

MikeyS22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks exactly like what I had the white stuff on the lip if garlic shrimp doesn’t work you’ll probably have to put it in you QT and chemically treat it
Do you see the big black spot too?? Was that part of it too?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back