Clown nipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter rraines
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rraines

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
32
Location
birmingham
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my clowns for 4 days now the bigger one who I believe will become female has nipped at the smaller one’s fins. She did it the first night and his fins were finally starting to heel. They actually slept together two nights ago. This morning I woke up and there was another nip on the smaller ones other fin?? Any advice is appreciated!
 
You can place the smaller fish in a clear trap box, or quarantine box, set close to the larger fish for a few days.
But, aggression is inevitable and some nipping will occur.
At this point, you may want to let it run its course.
If it doesn’t stop, or gets worse, you may need to change the bonding partner to one closer to 1/3rd the size of the larger fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new