clown replacement

jarviz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown who's getting a little too aggressive for me and is nipping at me whenever i put my hands in the tank... and it's not even 2" yet. I'm thinking of trading him in. I also have a finicky firefish in this 10 gallon.

any suggestions. i prefer an open swimmer to one that hides in the rocks or sand, or are there any clown breeds that are known to be less aggressive?

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My regular Ocellaris pair, even when they have eggs, don't touch me, though I've heard of ones that do, such as yours. Ocellaris are supposed to be one of the least aggressive, so maybe just get a different individual if you still want a clownfish.

OP
OP
jarviz

jarviz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My regular Ocellaris pair, even when they have eggs, don't touch me, though I've heard of ones that do, such as yours. Ocellaris are supposed to be one of the least aggressive, so maybe just get a different individual if you still want a clownfish.

dang. now i can't remember if mine is percula or ocelllaris =(

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My saddlebacks use to attack my hand when in the tank. They do no damage and eventually realized they were not the boss haha

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who's to say new replacement won't do the same thing? I'd keep it and enjoy it. They mellow as they age. (somewhat) Also another note - the LESS you keep your hands OUT of the tank the BETTER.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would trade it in for something else. Clowns may take over an entire 10 gallon. Really should have more room.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back