Clown Sweetlips. Can I make it work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shluffer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shluffer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
143
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed up and purchased a clown sweetlips. I was told they would eat anything, but research tells me I was misinformed. I would like to try to get him to eat in my tank, espeacially since I dont have much of an alternative.

My tank is 280 gallons, 7 ft. So he should be ok for a while. I have read I can feed him brine shrimp, but itjust seems too small to suffice. Will black worms work? How often? Is their any way to get him to eat freeze dried / frozen / flake pellet?

Thanks in advance.
 
Unfortunately they usually won't eat anything except living shrimp and maybe fish. I used to feed them live grass shrimp which was the only thing I could get them to eat. They also get huge.
 
I can feed them the shrimp, but how often? Daily will be tough. 3 times a week could happen with difficulty. Twice I can do.
 
If they eat dead shrimp, I would feed it as often as they will eat it.
 
I tried ghost shrimp, which did not go well. The shrimp exploded on contact with the water. I dropped in lack worms and he ate some. I'm going to try frozen krill a bit later.
 
I defrosted some frozen krill in garlic and he is happily eating it.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new