Clownfish acting strange need help/reassurance

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I’ve had this clown for just over a week since my last one mysteriously died. I have no problem keeping and growing any coral but have always struggled with fish. I don’t believe this is anything to do with parameters but more so a parasite or disease of some kind. Is this normal behaviour for a clown. I’d like to think it’s just hosting the elegance but the occasional heavy breath and the sideways lay worry’s me a bit. The fish seems to swim fine but I’m just worried as I don’t really know heaps about fish. Any help would be great .

Here’s the link to a video. I can get more photos on request thanks again

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi all,
I’ve had this clown for just over a week since my last one mysteriously died. I have no problem keeping and growing any coral but have always struggled with fish. I don’t believe this is anything to do with parameters but more so a parasite or disease of some kind. Is this normal behaviour for a clown. I’d like to think it’s just hosting the elegance but the occasional heavy breath and the sideways lay worry’s me a bit. The fish seems to swim fine but I’m just worried as I don’t really know heaps about fish. Any help would be great .

They can get crazy with a given coral especially nems, but with video, its so blue that its hard to see or determine anything. Please repost under white lighting

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks I’ll get a better video when home. All my clowns have always loved the elegance
For a time, mine would not leave mine alone and thought it was a perfect spot to lay eggs. I had to block them with coral skeleton

OP
OP
B

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspected and also hoped it was breeding / pairing behaviour as my last clown was paired with the smaller one in the video so hoping the storm is just taking the next step. I think I just get really worried with fish after my last few. Coral no dramas but fish I have no idea hahah
For a time, mine would not leave mine alone and thought it was a perfect spot to lay eggs. I had to block them with coral skeleto

KenBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns host an anemone. And one of them will lay on its side in the tentacles, lifeless like then move. It also dangles vertically lifeless like while sucking on a tentacle. Weird. Cute. Maybe it's like crack for clowns. Scary at first sight. :)

OP
OP
B

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha it sure is scary as I’ve had such bad luck in the past, she seems okay when she moves just acts sick then swims like nothing happened. Only thing I’m suspecting is Brooklynella so I’ll have to get better pics when I’m home under whites
My clowns host an anemone. And one of them will lay on its side in the tentacles, lifeless like then move. It also dangles vertically lifeless like while sucking on a tentacle. Weird. Cute. Maybe it's like crack for clowns. Scary at first sight. :)
a

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Looks like a clown doing clown things… haha. Looks like its trying to swim and host that nem but the nem isnt open and flowing. It kinda looks confused to me, I dont think anything is wrong with it

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a clown doing clown things… haha. Looks like its trying to swim and host that nem but the nem isnt open and flowing. It kinda looks confused to me, I dont think anything is wrong with it
Also My female maroon flips upside down in her nems and sticks her tail out. Clowns are probably the weirdest acting fish

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha good to know, I guess I’m just so nervous with fish now haha hopefully all is okay
I also know people who swear storm clowns are dumb… never had a storm but maybe thats the case lil

OP
OP
B

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can get crazy with a given coral especially nems, but with video, its so blue that its hard to see or determine anything. Please repost under white lighting
Hi I’ve attached the link to her under whites. She is acting better now but not eating which is strange.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi I’ve attached the link to her under whites. She is acting better now but not eating which is strange.

Looks like a very normal clown to me. If anything I see, it may be flow thats a little aggressive for the clown which seems to be fighting the current to swim.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back