Clownfish acting weird

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

For the past 3 days, my clownfish has been acting really weird, he is just parking in one corner of the tank, time to time he swims to the bottom or the top of the tank in that same corner, he is eating well, he is not having any trouble breathing, does not have any visible disease.
Something funny I watched is whenever lights go off at night, he will leave that corner for a while and swim through the tank for a few hours until morning when I go and check him he is again parking in that corner, I am concerned that this could be something else.

Thanks a lot for the help!

OP
OP
X

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something that might be important is since I got him (2 months ago) he looked a bit discolored, to this day he continues to look like that

Upvote 0

porkfishaquatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say if anything is or is not wrong with that information. Do you have a photo or video?

Keep in mind, clowns tend to stay close to their host. Even if there is no anemone or other coral in the tank for the fish to host, they may still exhibit the same 'hosting' behaviour to power cords, rocks, or even corners of the tank. They stay close to where they feel secure for most of the time. With the information provided, I would suspect this is all that is happening.

Upvote 0

porkfishaquatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the colouration, again it's hard to determine anything without a good photo or video, but there can be quite a bit of variation in colouring naturally in clownfish depending on geographic region. Anymore, with the wide availability of tank-raised clowns, the variation is all the more common. Especially considering all of the clowns purposefully bred for different colour/pattern traits.

Upvote 0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns stayed in the right top corner for the first 6 months and just like that, switched to the left top corner and have been there since. They have been in my tank for just over 17 months. Almost every clown question regarding behavior can be answered with: clowns just being clowns. About the color I agree with porkfishaquatic. Good luck, enjoy your clown, they are awesome.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
X

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns stayed in the right top corner for the first 6 months and just like that, switched to the left top corner and have been there since. They have been in my tank for just over 17 months. Almost every clown question regarding behavior can be answered with: clowns just being clowns. About the color I agree with porkfishaquatic. Good luck, enjoy your clown, they are awesome.
Thanks a lot to everyone!!

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back