Clownfish Behavior issue

Scuba95Diver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have about 15 clownfish and 2 to 3 of them turn to their sides and lie down! I was wondering if anyone knows what it means! They seem to all be fine and healthy I am not understanding the behavior. If anyone has any information it would be appreciated!

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some times their turn to their sides and tremble quickly their body(especially when one of them is going to attack the other).This is completely natural .they do this also when they are finding their pairs.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine used to sleep on their side in my open brain coral, I have seen them sleep on their side in the sand as well.

OP
OP
Scuba95Diver

Scuba95Diver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are just lying down. I was experience one resting on the sand last night.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black ocellaris sleeps on his side on the sand and on top of the ph.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I learned about young clownfish is that they're weird! Lol they do really weird stuff and there just isn't any explanation for it.
As an example, my clown was the first fish in my tank and he hosted my overflow box for 6 months. Well after I had corals and an anenome. Also he would sleep floating on his side at the surface of the water in between the overflow and the tank.
Are your clowns young and tank bred?

OP
OP
Scuba95Diver

Scuba95Diver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I learned about young clownfish is that they're weird! Lol they do really weird stuff and there just isn't any explanation for it.
As an example, my clown was the first fish in my tank and he hosted my overflow box for 6 months. Well after I had corals and an anenome. Also he would sleep floating on his side at the surface of the water in between the overflow and the tank.
Are your clowns young and tank bred?
Yes they are! Some of them lie flat on their sides and sit there until i disturb them then they'll start swimming and being very active.

Virtualbasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought your dissolved o2 might be low but should be fine with a skimmer

OP
OP
Scuba95Diver

Scuba95Diver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought your dissolved o2 might be low but should be fine with a skimmer
I put an air stone in there and they are swimming a lot better. I think it was just a matter of them getting use to the tank. They are all very vibrant with color and are very active!

Back